Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to the kick off post of Gamer's Grotto, a place for gamers to read the thoughts of another gamer. In the future, here you'll find small reviews, maybe some tips and tricks, console hacks, news, and whatever else I find that interests me and decide to share. I started this after getting sick of reading professional reviews of games that just didn't seem to have any meaning for a recreational gamer like myself. So, I decided to share my own opinions in hopes to reach other people like myself.

The focus will most likely remain on console gaming, but will occasionally go beyond that. I currently own an Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, soft-modded PS2, and Nintendo DS. There's more, but that's what I currently use on a daily basis. And for those that don't know what soft-modding is, I'll post a mini getting started later. It brought my interest back to PS2 mid last year, even after owning the 360. So, you'll probably want to check it out.

I also have a Myspace profile for Gamer's Grotto that will coincide with this blog. Head on on over there and add me to your friends.

To get started, I'm a 25 year old college graduate with a degree in Computer Science and a minor in Electrical Engineering Technology. I work as a software engineer for a company that does mostly embedded systems in the railroad industry. In my spare time I enjoy console gaming (why else would I be here?), freelance programming, reading, and music. You can look me up on Xbox live as DeepThought2112 (yes, I am a huge Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fan!), but I'm usually only on there playing Halo 2 on the weekends. That's enough about me for now.

Leave me your thoughts on what you think of this and any possible ideas you have as to what you would like to see for future content. I always look forward to meeting new people, and I hope you enjoy your visit. Come back soon!

No comments: