Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Peter Molyneux Reveals Exciting Details of Fable 2!

Part 1


Part 2

Part 3




If you managed to sit through all three parts of Molyneux's presentation, it's pretty exciting stuff. It's always great to watch videos of him since he's so passionate about his work. I never would have believed that game developers actually enjoy the games more than the people they develop the games for.

I enjoyed the first one very much, even though it disappointed me in the end. And The Lost Chapters really rounded things off for me. And I know there are people out there that will disagree with me, but oh well. This sequel seems like it will be everything that everyone expected from the first Fable.

As for the features, I'm really looking forward to this sequel. The dog seems like a very cool idea, if they can pull it off that is. I love a good RPG that pulls at my emotions (we all remember when Sephiroth slayed Aeris at the end of disc 1 in Final Fantasy VII, right?). And being a father myself, I know that feeling when my children rush me as I walk through the door after work. If this game can re-create those kind of feelings, then this game will be one of the top Xbox 360 releases.

Keep an eye on Fable 2, expecially Peter Molyneux. He loves to reveal information, even when he's not supposed to. There's still no release date, but I say that's a good thing. The first Fable was rushed and released prematurely, and that was probably due to pressure to make a deadline. I would much rather them keep the deadline open-ended and take all the time they need to make this game the best it can possibly be. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen that footage yet. It looks excellent, especially the dog, I must say. All of the details sound great, hopefully we can trust that all this info is right and Molyneux isn't just pulling a Fable 1...
-Ali