Saturday, April 7, 2007

New Xbox 360 Dashboard Coming May 7!!



Looks like a May 7th system update for the Xbox 360 will bring major updates to the the system's Dashboard. Video was leaked by Gamespot, so the source seems solid.

I am a little dissappointed by the fact that everything Microsoft is doing for the Xbox 360 is focused around being online in Xbox Live. About 60% of the time I use my 360, I am not connected to the internet. So, where's the system updates that bring new features for the offline users? What are your thoughts?

New features are:

  • 600 Windows Live Messenger contacts for your friends list
  • Contact list will integrate Windows Live Messenger and show joinable session status
  • Messenger contacts see what game you're playing and gamertag
  • Marketplace has own blade, skin will change independent from theme
  • Users will now see what achievement they've unlocked onscreen
  • Low-power download mode followed by auto-shutdown
  • Watch partially downloaded video files

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have XBox Live, but I don't really use it much. Online multiplayer has never been my cup of tea. For me, gaming is a very independent experience, and if I play the game with someone, I want to have them standing/sitting right next to me. Apart from that, I also don't use Windows Messenger, so that doesn't really interest me (if only it was AIM or something...), but I'm glad they've finally made it so that I can see what achievement I've unlocked. That is something useful.