Thursday, April 5, 2007

Devil May Cry 4 no longer a PS3 exclusive

Read the full story HERE from PS3 Fanboy

This is definetely a huge blow against the PS3. First, Sony loses big exclusives such as Assassins's Creed, Virtual Fighter 5, and Tekken 6. And now Devil May Cry 4 is going multi-platform as well? Sony doesn't even get to hold onto an exclusive release. And what about everyone's favorite Grand Theft Auto? It's also going to be simultaneously released for the 360. So, it doesn't look like Sony is going to be making much of impact in 2007 in this generation's console war. But that's just my opinion.

I for one am glad to hear this. I do not own a Playstation 3 nor do I plan to own one in the future, but I am a huge fan of this series. I'll definetely be picking this one up for the 360. Now all we need is Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy XII to go multi-platform and I'll be set. Sony, hold on tight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! Thank God, the PS3 has been pretty much officially dethroned thanks to all these exclusives slipping through their fingers lately. I always knew that this generation would usher in more multiplatform games, I just never knew that PlayStation would lose so many. Ouch.

Anonymous said...

To be gair.... PS3, and sony in general, are getting well and truely raped. Ive never owned a playstion and dont intend to, although i have played a few PS3 games, they arn't really up to 360 standards. They seem to be taking the first steps on a very slippery slope!

Zaphod said...

I'm gonna have to agree, Mr. Huw. Sony is treading dangerous waters. Problem is, I have always been a fan of them. I own the first two Playstations (and still play my PS2 quite often), but I just have no interest in the PS3. It seems like a combination of price, delays, and very complicated (and impressive) hardware that developers are having trouble coping with is just letting them fall behind.

I know there are those that disagree, but the facts are speaking pretty loudly. I hope by this time next year, the PS3 will start living up to its potential.